5 Tips to Build a Mobile-Friendly Website
Nowadays, mobile phones have left desktop behind in terms of usage. As a result, there has been a proportional rise in the demand for websites that are optimized for mobile devices. Thus, it has become the need of the hour for web masters to ensure that their business websites are compatible with the resolution of mobile phones.
If you own a business website, it is imperative that you ensure its viewership on mobile devices with usual alignments. And here’s why – after all, having or not having a mobile-friendly business website can be the difference between tapping the potential customers among smartphone users and losing them. Thus, a mobile-friendly website is more of a requirement for your business than just a good practice.
To nail down the mobile-friendliness of your website and make certain that you leave a positive impression in the minds of the users who visit your website, it is vital that you emphasize on responsive web design and development. Follow these tips to the letter in case you wish to accomplish the objective.
- Button Size and Font: Leaving small buttons on your website can amount to a frustrating user experience. This underscores the fact that the size of the buttons used on your website counts. Bigger button significantly eliminates the possibility of your site visitors missing an important button or clicking the wrong one inadvertently.
- One Website for All Purposes: Instead of making different versions of your website, it makes a lot of sense to opt for a versatile website which would tick all the right boxes. This move will not only benefit you but also the users of your website in the long run. Furthermore, it is important to use canonical URLs when you choose to build a separate mobile version of your website. Without such URLs, your site would be at the risk of being identified by Google as the one with duplicate content. The fallout of it can be detrimental to the search engine ranking of your website.
- Availability on All Platforms: One of the best practices with regard to building a mobile-friendly website is to not alienate customers. On a candid note, almost all customers anticipate a harmonious experience, particularly when they use different kinds of platforms or devices. If they find this feature missing on your website, chances are they would turn to other sites that provide this feature. On the other hand, making your content viewable across various platforms would reassure such users to keep coming back to your website.
- Responsive Design: The simple rule to make visitors of your website feel assured is to let them browse your website on all devices, smart phones in particular. Remember that both your existing and potential customers would be with their phones around the clock, so never miss out on making your website available to them 24×7 on their phones. No other idea can beat this one in giving a seamless experience to your users. This simple trick of responsive web design and development can make the strongest pitch to the users to stick to your website.
- High-resolution Images: An image with low resolution may not go well with the users of iOS platform. Not only text but images also constitute the criteria of gauging the usefulness of a website these days; most visitors follow this rule. Use images of higher resolution to address the issue of unclear, distorted or poorly cropped images on your website.
No customer would like to either use or recommend your products or services if your website has a weak and non-responsive design, especially on mobile phones. In line with the proverb, “A stitch in time saves nine”, make changes to your website in a timely manner to avoid losing business to your competitors or rivals.